Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Taking care of SELF.

I have decided that it is time for me to start a routine that is focused around myself.

Now, I totally understand how self centered that seems, and I promise you that I am not getting all wild and insane.  I promise that my Facebook page does not contain an album of nothing but shots of me from one specific and ultra-flattering angle.  I'm NOT that person.  I promise you.

What I do know if I have neglected personal "care" in the last few years.  Most notably, my hands.

Like the stupid girl I am I thought that I would "magically" have perfect hands and nails once I was no longer trapped in a world filled with boxes.  Sadly this is not the case.  What is now apparent is I have terrible skin, and I am now learning how to better care for this body of terrible skin.

I purchased a giant bag of super AWESOME Epsom Salt that smells like heaven and tonight I soaked for and HOUR AND A HALF!  Oh my goodness, right?!  I also got this hand cream "stuff" that comes with gloves... hopefully this means at some point in my life I will actually have nice soft hands, and get rid of my horrible "retail" hands.

One can always hope, right?

So tonight begins a mini-transformation, time spent on myself.  I don't have much time in the day as it is, so I'm curious when I am going to fit this time in.  I do feel that it is important, so I guess I will be staying up an extra 15 mins each night if I need to.

It's okay... like some commercial has brainwashed me into believing... "I'm worth it". HAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment