Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Business of Being Born.

The Business of Being Born is an actual movie (directed by Ricky Lake if you are interested) and now that I am hanging out with my friend as she is having a baby I realize how much of a business this really is. I think after this experience is over (p.s. I'm super excited that I get to experience the start to finish birth of my God Son) I am going to make a comparison blog.

Right now it is, get the moms in, get the babies out, get the room clean, and get the next mommie in!

I also want to say that we have the most amazing nurse. She is understanding, sweet, funny, and just adorable. She has made the beginning of this process (did I mention that it is 3:43am?) so wonderful and comfortable, and made us all feel right at home. I feel more like we are all at a hotel instead of the hospital.

I also want to say I have been up since 5:45ish yesterday. This is from a women with a 10pm bed time. No foolsies.

I think it's about time for me to take a quick shower and get in a bits of sleep, but I am in an adrenalin rush and I am unsure that I will be able to get any sleep. I am also not a fan of sleeping upright in a chair, but I don't have a lot of options at this point.

My thoughts are as far away from retail as I can get them, the only thing I can think is I would never have been able to get this time off and be able to experience this event if I was still a slave to retail. I am also thrilled to have Monday off, another thing I would never have been able to do.

WOOOO! Baby Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment