Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Children and Retail

I felt the need to elaborate on my post earlier regarding horrible children. I love kids, I really do. I have a God Baby (Pumpkin Butt) that proves that I love children. What I can't stand is parents.

A little background on that blog.

Sunday is HELL in retail, for some reason everyone realizes Sunday afternoon that they forgot to get whatever it is they were supossed to buy Friday as they were leaving work. This Sunday was no exception, and the line to check out of Walmart was my own personal hell.

The parents of a (roughly) five year old boy were placing items for purchase on the check out, and their child was running amok pulling random items off the shelf and throwing them up in the air like a maniac.

Now, had this been a mother or father, alone, trying with all her might to control one child while also taking care of the household... I would have more sympathy. The problem was BOTH parents were looking at the child like, "Whatever, I don't have to clean that mess up". I almost had a heart attack right there, I swear I probably looked like a meth-head twitching in line out of rage towards these parents. I just wanted to grab the little kid at put his butt on a time out! BUUUUT doing that would have awarded me jail time, so I bit my tongue.

THAT is what is wrong with parents. NO structure, NO discipline. That is why people in customer service lose their minds quickly. Parents are not raising their children to be NICE people.

Okay, end of rant!

1 comment:

  1. What I always enjoy are the parents who let the kids smoosh their little hands and faces all over my clean windows.. and then destroy my nice displays... or the one lone screamer you can hear in every corner of the store, and is there twice a week.. that is definitely bad PARENTING and not kid problems.

    ReplyDelete