Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Bank

I have horrifying nightmares about the bank, terrible flashbacks from being written up (yes, a full-on corrective action) because I didn't go every day.

First of all, I get that the company was paying for my time to go to the bank. What they were NOT paying for was my gas mileage. I don't remember signing a contract saying that I would go into my own pocket and pay to take my personal car to the bank and back almost everyday... yes, because I never did sign anything!

The bank was three exits down the freeway, not really that far, but driving back and forth everyday for 2 years added up. What made me even more irritated was the old store that I worked at (same company) was ONE BLOCK from the bank and they had an armor truck come and get the deposit every three days. (what????)

When I called Loss Prevention and asked for this service at my new store their replay was, "it's $300.00 a month for armor and we don't feel there is a need at your store"

Of course not! Why pay for something when you have silly employees that will gladly drive to the bank for you?

This should have been a warning sign for me about how little I was really cared about at the corporate level. Sure, my DM was a decent person and even said "sorry" when he was forced to write me up, but it is amazing to me that they can expect people do give-give-give and never receive anything back.

Ugh, I hate banks.

No comments:

Post a Comment