Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Conversation With a Roomie

Return Policy:
"30 days with the original receipt, unused, in the original packaging"

I have broken the "Return Policy" thousands of times for customers, and most of them were legitimate reasons, and as I have previously blogged if you ask (even if it is your nasty gym socks you have used 50 times) you shall receive.

Tonight Roomie and I a discussed the attempt to return “specialty items” to a store. An excellent example of this is trying to return a jersey because your team lost. Come on people… that is just ridiculous!

On that note, I feel SOOOOO badly for all of you people who work at an electronics store and have to deal with those people who buy a big screen TV for super bowl, just to return it the next day. That must be like Black Friday 2.0.

When I worked for a company that was going out of business we had NO return policy. We were selling clothing at 3 for $5.00; in that situation a return policy is pretty silly. I was screamed at daily from people who got greedy and grabbed a bunch of items without bothering to check sizes. Holding back my screams of despair was difficult. Luckily, the store was going out of business, and I had not heard from my DM in weeks, so I could just walk away. And walk away I did. Many, many, many times.

I wonder what it is like inside the head of a person who buys something with the intent of “renting” it for the weekend. I have tried it, but my conscience gets the better of me and I just wind up keeping it, or not wearing it so I can return it in good faith. I am not cruel and I believe in rules.

Yet, I wonder what it’s like on the dark side.

I mean, I hate you people who think you can wear something for 6 years and get a brand new one because you spent $29.95 on it. BUUUUT you do have a unique view of the world, one that I would enjoy to live in for at least a day. However, I think if I stayed in your brain for longer than that I would have a strong urge to drink. A lot.

If they ever invent a machine that can swap brains with someone, like they did in Futurama, I am down. Any volunteers? I promise not to judge you because you are a terrible shopper *cough*person*cough*

Okay, I lied, I will totally judge you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I'm not crazy like the shoppers you talk about! lol I hate returning anything, usually because I don't like pleading my case or waiting in line. Last summer I bought a bikini at Target. Got the bottoms in S but the top in L on accident (it was on a S hanger!) Did I return it or exchange the top? No I just went and bought a S the next day! Laziness!! Or how about this one: One time Forever 21 charged me TWICE for one pair of $25 jeans that I was buying as a gift for a friend. I didn't even realize it till I got home. Called them once, they said they would have to go over the security tapes etc etc. That was the extent of my efforts. I gave up lol I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete