Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Passion

I believe myself to be a person with a lot of passion. I am passionate about many different things in my life, perhaps that makess me multifaceted, and maybe a little bit boring.

I would love to have one main passion in my life, something that is truly mine. I have always loved music and art, but I have never made it something that I am passionate about, it is not something that consumes my thoughts and I have a yearning, a true love to do it all day every day. 

I wish I had that. 

I think it goes back to my thoughts on finding the perfect job. If only I had something that I have pure passion for I would find my perfect job.

Now that I have a set schedule with more time for discovery, I think I am going to start experimenting to find a PASSION. Perhaps there is not something out there that I will ever feel an ultimate all-consuming passion for, but I would like to know that for certain. I think I will start with getting out my good old keyboard and see if I can remember how to play anything on it. It's been several years since I touched my poor keyboard, I'm sure it'll be happy for the company; maybe it will even help me find the right keys. 

Next, will be dusting off the old art supplies. I used to love drawing, and now that I am older I hope to have a different perspective on my art. I have a feeling I will still start drawing comic book characters. I can't help it, I'm a nerd.

I am not sure what my next "passion" choice will be, but I will keep you posted. 

I am not going to lie, I feel very excited right now. Energized. I think tonight is going to be one of those days I am able to stay awake past 10:30. 

2 comments:

  1. "Your profession is not what brings home your paycheck. Your profession is what you were put on earth to do. With such passion and such intensity that it becomes spiritual in calling."
    ~ Vincent Van Gogh
    Find that passion and follow your bliss!
    ~Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Quote Debra! :) Thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete