Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

A New and Unique View of Monday

Monday used to be my favorite day of the week.  After a long and difficult weekend of sales, I knew I was always going to be the opening manager, and I would be lucky enough to have my "office day" where I could clean up from the hectic weekend and write the schedule for the following week. It was a great time where I could count on my other manager to watch the floor, and learn how to one day be Store Manager themselves (learn from doing, or something like that). I also knew that my DM would be taking his office day, which meant I wouldn't be surprised with a visit where I was chewed out because I wasn't on the sales floor during my entire shift. 

Ah, Mondays, you were my best friend. Now, when I think of you I get a nasty "I miss my weekend" taste in my mouth. Monday now consists of work, work, and more work.  I love my set schedule very much, I wouldn't trade it for the world... but I truly understand having a "case of the Monday's" now. 

I feel like my brain becomes mush over the weekend and I forgot how to properly tie my shoelaces, let alone do my job properly. 

Okay, I kinda lied there... my shoes have no laces. I'm super lazy and just wanted some I could slip on. I must have known in advance that I would be exposed to "stupid Monday" syndrome. 

I guess it is not a bad trade off, I get two days of bliss and simply have to drink an extra Diet Coke on the way to work to function like a normal human being/kinda come close to being able to do my job. I also have to set the alarm clock about 30 mins earlier than any other day as I am a fan of hitting the snooze button. Don't ask me why, but I can cram what feels like an entire night's worth of sleep in 30 minutes of hitting the snooze button every 5 minutes. 

I call it therapeutic, Husband calls it madness.

Monday, you are a worthy opponent in my work week. 

2 comments:

  1. I do Not miss Mondays lol. I love working for myself. Somedays I'm not sure what day it is lol


    http://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/2011/03/3-statements-that-drive-this.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! That is AWESOME Jim! I wish to be able to work for myself one day, I think it creates some long days and long hours... but it is SO worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete